Skip to content

Seared Scallop, Strawberry, and Basil Salad.

September 16, 2011

I adore fruit in many savory applications and here, these U-10 scallops are kept pretty simple with a touch of a few strawberries.

I especially adore this combination because it’s bright, and unexpected. There’s a sweet creaminess from the beautiful scallops and an explosion of sweet and tart juice from the strawberries. Strawberries and cream? A slightly different approach on that, but yes sure, strawberries and cream.

No need for a vinaigrette, the juice from the strawberries, the cooking oil from the scallops, some herbs, and a splash of lemon juice make this dish very easy to prepare.

8 Comments leave one →
  1. September 17, 2011 9:18 am

My strawberries are making a resurgence too, and seared scallops? My all-time fave! Lover-lee post!

• September 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Heidi-Yay for scallops! Thank you so much!

Sylvia- Thanks for checking mine out too. I’m flattered, thank you! Keep in touch :)

2. September 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks for stop by my blog.Your composition are beautiful and the recipes sounds very fresh and delicious.

3. Jackie permalink
    September 19, 2011 3:12 am

So simple, yet soooooooo elegantly delicious!
    Well done.

4. September 21, 2011 2:10 am

yummmm! this looks incredible. I’m thinking of you while I’m here in Paris. the produce is so damn good. the breads are so damn good. hot hot hot from the bakery, there’s one sitting next to me now. I just killed a croissant. Now on to some cheese

• September 28, 2011 2:10 pm

I hope you never have to STOP killing croissants in Paris em, I do miss you though. Only wishing we could be over there cooking together. Dream.

5. September 27, 2011 7:28 am

Stunning! What a gorgeous recipe, and it sounds absolutely delicoius. Scallops pair so beautifully with fruit.

I love how you liken this dish to strawberries and cream – what a great description!